Juniper Berry Essential Oil is obtained from the Juniper us communis of the cupressaceae family and is commonly known as common juniper. It is an evergreen shrub that can usually grow up to 10 meters but is cultivated to a height of 2 meters. It has blue-green needle like leaves, small yellow flowers and its female tree gives blue or black fruit. The oil can be extracted from the berries, as well as from the needles and wood. As an herb it has incredible medicinal values and is widely used against the contagious diseases. Juniper berry oil has a fresh, clear but slightly woody aroma. It is a pale oil with a watery viscosity. This crisp essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy in order to help stimulate and strengthen the nerves and also bolster the spirits especially in challenging situations.
Uses of Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper berry oil helps in calming the nerves, relieves anxiety, nervous tension and mental exhaustion.
- This oil is helpful when the prostate gland is enlarged and is help full with the inability in order to pass the urine, especially during the case of cystitis and kidney stones.
- The oil is also helpful for cellulite and fluid retention.
- Juniper berry essential oil helps with the digestive system, especially in the cases such as- obesity, over-indulgence of food and premenstrual bloating.
- It is also very effective for acne, eczema, oily skin, weeping eczema, psoriasis and dandruff and alleviates the inflammation.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil has variety of therapeutic properties such as-antiseptic, anti-rheumatic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, depurative, diuretic, rubefacient, stimulating, stomachic, sudorific, vulnerary and tonic.