Dill Seed Essential Oil is obtained from Anethum sowa which is popular known as Indian Dill. Being from Umbelliferae family, it is closely related with Graveolens, commonly termed as Peucedanum graveolens and Fructus anethi. Originally from South West Asia, it is a biennial herb that can grow up to 1 meter or 3 feet. It carries green feathery leaves and umbels of small yellow flowers that are followed by tiny compressed seeds. It derives its botanical name Greeks and Romans, who called it “Anethon. Its common names come from the Anglo-Saxon ‘dylle’ or ‘dylla’, which later changed to dill. The meaning of the word is ‘to lull’ – referring to its soothing properties. The Eucalyptus oil is actually extracted from the fresh or partially dried leaves and young twigs of the flower.
Uses Of Dill Seed Essential Oil
- The Dill seed oil helps in order to overcome with the feeling of being overwhelmed.
- This oil is also helpful for digestive problems in adults, easing flatulence, constipation and hiccups.
- This oil eases the mind, calms headaches and helps with excess sweating because of nervous tension. It also stimulates the milk flow in nursing the mothers, while promoting the healing of wounds.
- This essential oil also helps in order to clear the mind and focus concentration, while reducing the swelling in the mucus membranes.
- It is also very valuable in fighting against the respiratory problems, fighting inflammation and sore muscles, rheumatism, headaches and nervous exhaustion.
Dill Seed Essential Oil has therapeutic properties like-analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-neuralgic, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, astringent, balsamic, cicatrisant, decongestant, deodorant, depurative, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge and hypoglycaemic.