Clove essential oil is obtained from the Eugenia caryophyllata and is also commonly known by some names such as- Syzygium aromaticum, Eugenia aromatic and E. carophyllus) and is from Myrtaceae family. This evergreen tree is a native of Indonesia and the Malacca Islands. This tree usually grows to about 10 meters high, has bright green colour leaves, nail-shaped rose-peach flower buds that turn when it becomes dry and looks like deep red brown in colour. Basically it is a Latin word ‘Clavus’ which means nail shaped or refers to the bud.
It is considered as of the most important commodities in the spice trade and is widely used in making perfumes, mulled wines and liqueurs, love potions, dental products and, stuck in an orange as pomade and also an insect repellent. This essential oil is obtained from the leaves, stem and buds through water distillation process.
Uses Of Clove Essential Oil :-
- Clove essential oil is very useful for treating acne, bruises, burns and cuts, keeps infection at bay and also works as a pain reliever.
- Clove oil also helps with toothache, mouth sores, rheumatism and arthritis problems.
- It is essential oil is effective for the digestive system, resist vomiting and problems like- diarrhea, flatulence, spasms and parasites, as well as bad breath.
- This oil is also valuable for relieving the respiratory problems such as-bronchitis, asthma and tuberculosis. And its disinfecting property is highly useful especially in the cases of infectious diseases.
- Once you place a few drops of this beneficial oil on a cotton ball, placing the cotton ball in a linen cupboard will not only fragrance your cupboard, but will also helps in order to keep the fish moths at bay.
The therapeutic properties of this essential oil are as follows-analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-neuralgic, carminative, anti-infectious, disinfectant, insecticide, stimulant, stomachic, uterine and tonic.
There are no reviews yet.