The very popular cedarwood essentialoil is obtained from the Juniperus virginiana and it belongs to Cupressaceae family. This oil is also known by some names such as- Virginian, red, eastern red or southern red cedar, as well as Bedford cedarwood. It carries a soft, woody and pencil-like smell along with a faint undertone of very known sandalwood. It is generally found in pale yellow to light orange in colour and is viscous in nature. Its tree is native to the country, North America and usually grows up to a height of 30 meters. Nowadays its wood is widely been used in making the pencils and boxes. Its wood chips and sawdust are actually subjected through steam distillation procedure in order to extract the oil and yields about 35 % of oil. Basically this clean smelling, balsamic oil does not only help in calming and balancing the energy, but also greatly promotes the spirituality.
Uses of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- The Cedarwood essential oil benefits the skin through its useful sedating ability which helps in relieving the problem of itching.
- It has high astringent action and is excellent for treating the problems of acne, oily skin, as well as cures the problems of hair and dandruff.
- It is also proved out to be very helpful with chest and urinary infections and acts as a general tonic and also gives a pronounced effect on mucus membranes.
- This essential oil offers calming and soothing effect to the mind and is considered as a great help in conditions related with the problems of anxiety and nervous tension.
- This oil also helps in the cases of arthritis and rheumatism.
Following are the therapeutic properties of cedarwood essential oil-antiseborrhoeic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, tonic, astringent, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, insecticide, sedative and fungicide.
There are no reviews yet.