The botanical name of Caraway essential oil is Carum carvi, it belongs to the family Apiaceae. It is a biannual herb which is a rich source of fresh aroma. It is known to be a native of Asia, North America and Europe. The plant of Caraway is similar to that of a carrot plant; they have small white or pink coloured flowers in the umbels. The stem of the main flower grows up to 40-60 cm tall.
The Caraway essential oil is extracted from the seeds of the caraway plant that are fully ripe and dried. The method used for the extraction process is the steam distillation which is the most common method. The extracted oil is usually colourless or slightly yellow in colour. This oil blends well with Basil oil, Chamomile oil, Coriander oil, Frankincense oil, Ginger oil, Lavender oil and Orange sweet essential oil. It is known as an ancient flavouring agent and was most commonly used in cooking by the Romans. The oil that is extracted is generally very strongly scented and must be diluted before using.
Uses Of Caraway Essential Oil :
- By using the Caraway essential oil one can easily erase any signs of mental stress, anxiety, depression or negative thoughts.
- This strongly scented oil also has properties that heal digestive ailments
- It is very effective in treating common cold, cough and bronchitis.
- This oil is non sensitizing and non toxic.
- It acts as a good flavouring agent in making sweet dishes and bread
- It has a history of being used in cooking
There are no reviews yet.