Black Pepper Essential Oil is extracted from the un-ripened fruit of the plant through the process of steam distillation. The Black Pepper plant whose scientific name is Piper Nigram is a climber which grows it around trees or other objects and can reach up to about 20 feet high, but for the purpose of their commercial use, they are kept to the height up to 12 feet. The Black Pepper plant is found mainly in countries such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia, China and Madagascar. Black pepper oil is a sharp smelling warm essential oil which gives healing effect to the body and soul by relaxing muscles. The use of Black pepper oil in the East in medicinal and culinary is prevailing from many years now it is also used in aromatherapy.
Uses of Black Pepper Essential Oil:
- It is useful in treating skin problems such as cuts, bruises, dark spots etc as by improving the blood circulation.
- In aromatherapy, it helps relieving muscles and joints pain and other kinds of body stiffness.
- It is found helpful in curing digestion related problems including indigestion, bloating, loss of appetite, constipation etc. It helps increasing appetite and increases production of hydrochloric acid for faster digestion.
- To cure viral infection such as cold, flu, influenza, Black pepper oil is found very helpful.
- Respiratory problems including bronchitis by opening the respiratory passages.
- It is also helpful in maintain dental hygiene and curing tooth decay.