Ajwain essential oil is known as ajowan, ajowan caraway, bishop’s weed and carom seed oil. Its botanical name is Trachyspermum Ammi and this is an annual herb related to the Apiaceae family. The plant grows in the countries like Egypt and India apart from Iran and Afghanistan. Ajowan essential oil blends with sage, parsley and thyme. This oil is mostly used for aromatherapy and therapeutic purposes. This essential oil is pale yellow-brown to brownish liquid. This strength of aroma is strong.
Ajwain essential oil is extracted from the seeds of ajwain. These seeds grow on the herbaceous plant and the fruits are grayish brown. One gets this oil by the process called steam distillation.
Uses & Benefits:-
- It helps to boost hair loss solutions.
- The seeds are generally used to treat common digestion problems.
- The oil has anti-microbial and anti-spasmodic properties.
- The oil is used as an anti-parasitic and anti-fungal agent.
- This is also helpful in treating liver and kidney malfunctions.
- Ajowan oil removes the symptoms of cold like blocked nose etc.
- The oil is used as an antibacterial agent and it also possesses the antiviral properties.
- It helps for the inflammations caused due to pimples, boils, and eczema and it also removes the swelling.